Hiring and Training Manager
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Hiring and Training Manager to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply marketing, recruiting and networking tools in a large-scale service environment. The Recruiter/Trainer will report directly to the General Superintendent and is responsible for recruiting for field level positions.
You’d be responsible for:
- Assessing and exploring potential field labor pools that are available near and around each branch location within the region.
- Defining and implementing a “marketing” strategy for the communities selected as recruiting targets, so there is a clear understanding of the BrightView name, reputation, and recruiting needs. Recognize and understand the hiring strategies of regional and national landscaping competitors, including who, where and when they hire and the wages that are being paid in the local area. Track all prospective and current employees contact information.
- Tracking success rate of different tools utilized to attract field employees (e.g. radio, newspaper, web, referral, community outreach, etc.) Visit outreach sources such as community based organizations (CBOs), job fairs, schools, etc. to recruit.
- Managing pipeline of potential employees and work with local branch management teams to anticipate, determine, and fulfill field labor recruiting needs.
- Conducting interviews in both English and Spanish to qualify candidates.
- Coordinating pre-employment drug testing, conduct safety orientation, verifying work history, collect and submit new hire paperwork to Office Manager, and perform new hire orientations.
- Conducting exit interviews and track reasons why field workforce level employees resign.
- Conducting training to prepare candidates for field work and monitor progress through first 90 days of employment.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Landscape or similar construction industry experience preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish) with ability to read/write in both English and Spanish.
- Must be outgoing and self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (including some weekends).
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- An affinity for the outdoors and field services
- Ability to manage numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Position may require significant travel throughout the assigned territory.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.