General Manager, Tree Care
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a General Manager, Tree Care to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The General Manager is responsible for profitable growth and the roll-up of the P&L of assigned Tree Care branches as a business unit averaging $25 to 40 million in annual revenue. The primary role is to provide leadership and build branch capabilities while cultivating relationships with key strategic customers in the market. They are accountable to deliver the market budget and plan.
You’d be responsible for:
- Ensuring Branches understand and execute strategy that enhances the brand and drives profitable revenue growth for the assigned Tree Care Market
- Ensuring alignment and accountability between the Branches and the Market
- Managing Market P&L, budget, plan and performance
- Effectively communicating and driving organizational change
- Cultivating strong internal and external customer focus by delivering the BrightView brand promise, culture and values
- Providing leadership and support to the Branches with respect to team member engagement, safety, compliance, talent selection and development
- Building innovation and efficiencies in Branch capabilities
- Ensuring resources, (tools, talent and equipment), are effectively allocated and deployed across the Market
- Developing relationships with key business partners (i.e. suppliers, maintenance branches and community relations)
- Leading the attainment of Key Metrics for the Market:
- Branch scorecard
- Branch targets and budget
- Skill level of Branch team members
- Depth of talent pipeline/bench
- Retention of Branch teams
- Sales funnel
- Key Process Ownership & Decision Rights:
- Business Planning for the Branches (partner with VP Finance & Regional Controller)
- Performance Management of branch managers
- Talent Management (partner with HR)
- Customer Management
- New Sales
- Contract Management (partner with VPGM, Legal & Finance)
- Equipment Management (partner with Regional Equipment Manager)
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Significant experience leading in a matrix environment in a dispersed service-oriented business
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of skills and experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a Branch or area of a service business that included P&L responsibility
- Experience leading geographically disbursed teams
- Demonstrated success in sales with strong customer experience leading team sales process for growth
- Proven success rapidly building rapport with customers and employees
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, listening, presenting)
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities and competitive salary, employees may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.