BrightView Reaffirms Commitment to Sustainability on Earth Day
Company is Working Toward Becoming Carbon Neutral by 2035
As a company that prides itself on developing and nurturing landscapes that inspire and enhance communities, deploying environmentally sustainable strategies and solutions is the keystone to what BrightView – the nation’s leading commercial landscaping company – does on Earth Day and every day.
“Our team members not only create and maintain the best landscapes on Earth, but they do so with sustainability top of mind,” said Andrew Masterman, BrightView President and Chief Executive Officer. “Taking these measures to ensure future generations enjoy a cleaner and greener Earth is core to our beliefs. It’s who we are. It’s how we operate.”
- Stewardship: Actively engaging with industry partners and suppliers to lead a transformation towards the Company’s environmental goals.
- Sustainability: Helping to sequester carbon by continuing to plant trees and through the sustainable design and maintenance of landscapes.
- A Cleaner Fleet: Converting the Company’s fleet of 11,000 vehicles to electric and hybrid alternatives.
- Greener Equipment: Rapidly converting approximately 35,000 pieces of 2-cycle gas-powered equipment to rechargeable energy sources by 2025, resulting in a greater than 50 percent reduction in BrightView’s carbon footprint.
- Efficient Buildings: Replacing outdated equipment and appliances with energy-efficient alternatives in the 300 properties BrightView currently owns or leases.
BrightView Team Members Celebrate Earth Day
BrightView team members nationwide are marking Earth Day 2022 by participating in local events, enhancement projects and celebrations and making a further positive impact in the communities where they live and work, including:
Cleaning and sprucing up the landscaping at various Boys & Girls Clubs of America locations in Philadelphia
Planting a tree and releasing lady bugs at a resort in Las Vegas
Planting and nurturing flower arrangements at a military base in Tucson, Ariz.
Educating children about the importance of Earth Day at a community celebration in Milpitas, Calif.
Distributing seasonal flowers, herbs and trees to Florida office park tenants
Setting up a booth and handing out succulents and educational materials in Thousand Oaks, Calif.
BrightView (NYSE: BV), the nation’s largest commercial landscaper, proudly designs, creates, and maintains the best landscapes on Earth and provides the most efficient and comprehensive snow and ice removal services. With a dependable service commitment, BrightView brings brilliant landscapes to life at premier properties across the United States, including business parks and corporate offices, homeowners' associations, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, retail centers, resorts and theme parks, municipalities, golf courses, and sports venues. BrightView also serves as the Official Field Consultant to Major League Baseball. Through industry-leading best practices and sustainable solutions, BrightView is invested in taking care of our team members, engaging our clients, inspiring our communities, and preserving our planet. Visit www.BrightView.com and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.