Helping Women Flourish at BrightView
BrightView’s GROW celebrates two years of success
BrightView Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: BV) (“BrightView”), the nation’s leading commercial landscaping services company, celebrated the second anniversary of its landmark first Employee Resource Group: GROW (Growth in Relationships + Opportunities for Women). GROW’s mission is to attract, promote, and retain women within BrightView.
Led by a group of women committed to the mission – and who volunteer their time to ensure its success – GROW offers networking, professional development, and leadership opportunities for the women of BrightView. To date, more than 300 women have participated in professional development with hundreds more benefiting from online programs.
”Women are clearly an under-represented, yet capable group within the landscape industry and even here at BrightView,” said Andrew Masterman, BrightView President, Chief Executive Officer, and executive sponsor of GROW. “I’ve challenged our team to double the number of women in BrightView over the next three to four years, which will have a positive long-term impact on the company.”
GROW is comprised of five initiatives:
- Professional Development – Have in-person events across the country and webinars with external coaches and internal speakers who inspire, teach, and help develop women.
- Networking – Create channels for organic, lasting relationship development, including an online community.
- Task Forces – Create cross-functional committees of women working together to solve business challenges and enhance existing programs.
- Community Service – Build a partnership with Dress for Success, a global nonprofit organization that provides professional attire for low-income women, to support women re-entering the workforce following challenging life circumstances.
- Mentorship – Currently in development, this program will offer more opportunities to develop the talents of BrightView’s female team members.
“Nurturing the talented women of BrightView through GROW is something I take tremendous pride in,” said Amanda Orders, BrightView’s Senior Vice President for Human Resources and GROW Co-Leader. “GROW brings women together across BrightView to support each other, develop future leaders, and create lasting, professional relationships. It started as a small idea and has grown into something rewarding for all involved.”
BrightView is the largest provider of commercial landscaping services in the United States. Through its team of approximately 20,000 employees, BrightView provides services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView is the Official Field Consultant to Major League Baseball.