Six Smart Questions for Your Snow Removal Partner
The questions to ask during your due diligence
You can't plan the weather, but you can lay the groundwork for a successful winter season with your snow and ice removal provider. Start early and be sure to ask your current or potential provider these important questions:
- What size properties can you best handle? How much snow removal work do you do in an average winter?
- How do you prepare your teams and equipment for the snow season each year?
- Do you use subcontractors as part of your team and how do you make sure they are qualified?
- Based on the service level requirements for our site, what would be your plan to ensure we are completely satisfied? As part of that plan, please be sure to describe your approach to keeping me informed before, during, and after a storm.
- Who are some of your current clients in the area? Can we contact them for references?
- How long have you been in business? Is your company a member of either professional industry group [Snow and Ice Management Association (SIMA) or Accredited Snow Contractors Association (ASCA)], and do you carry any certifications through either organization?